Paul Howe formed CSAT or Combat Shooting and Tactics over ten years ago to provide Tier 1 quality instruction to Law Enforcement and Government agencies.
Paul, the Owner/Lead Instructor for CSAT has over 30 years experience in law enforcement, military and security arenas. Paul has attended numerous tactical schools, authored numerous tactical articles and books on tactics, leadership and mindset, and shooting. Paul holds a MIS (Masters of Interdisciplinary Studies) from Stephen F. Austin State University (2000).
CSAT is a proven training program which allows civilians, LE and military wide opportunities to become proficient in all aspects of combat and tactical training. My experiences include:
- Tier 1 Special Ops/TL
- Tier 1 Senior Instructor
- Combat veteran of multiple venues and operations
- LE SWAT and Tactical Trainer for over 20 years
CSAT courses are designed to help students master the basics and then apply these fundamentals on demand should the need arise. Courses are “self-paced” and students are encouraged to push their shooting skills for both accuracy and speed. We prefer accuracy over speed when pushing oneself. Beginning students are especially welcome and will shoot as fast as they can accurately hit their target. Special equipment is not needed for classes unless posted and students are encouraged to look at others students, weapons, optics, equipment and ask questions about how it works or helps their shooting.
NOTE TO STUDENTS:
I welcome all good Americans to train with CSAT. LE, Military, Contractors, Civilians are all welcome.
- I will treat you professionally if you act professionally.
- For example, if you are a professional contractor and act accordingly, I will treat you with the respect due someone who is overseas protecting America’s interests. If you act like an immature Army Spec 4. I will also treat you accordingly. If you’re arrogant or rude, in my mind you are an overpaid security guard who I should not waste my time critiquing and will shortly remove you from the course.
- Feel free to bring cameras, notebooks and recording equipment. Take notes. Do not post any video or recordings on the internet without first getting my permission.
- Ask questions.
- Don’t argue, nod your head and take care of business. Generally I have been watching you make the mistake several times before I addressed you with a correction. You are paying me for feedback accept it or ignore it, but don’t be rude.
- I don’t care what rifle or pistol you shoot. I will teach you how to shoot your weapon better and keep it running. Don’t be a shooting snob. Most snobs don’t know how much they don’t know and come with a closed mind and cannot shoot to any degree of proficiency.
- If you are a gamer, leave that attitude and gear somewhere else. If you shoot accurate and well slick with a comp, red dot and Gucci gun, good for you. Do it all in your tactical gear with your combat rifle and I will be impressed. I would then be happy to shake your hand and recognize you in front of the group.
- If you have one of those obnoxious compensators that annoy all shooters around you, leave it at home. If you don’t, you will find yourself on one end of the line by yourself. It also bothers us.
- Do not mistake my laid back attitude for not caring or for not having a combat mindset. I do care and I still have an aggressive combat mindset that I keep in its place.
- Make sure your mind is right, heart is pure and you endeavor to stay humble and train hard and we will get along…
CSAT Work History & Lectures: Click here